First – a thank you is in order to Jamie Ridler of Jamie Ridler Studios and “Planet Shannon” for hosting this whole blog-a-thon concept! My blog would be a much emptier space without your inspiration!
Tell Us 10 Things About You
(Or, It’s All About Me!!)
1. I collect and play native American flutes, but I am not native American. (is that two things?)
2. I am an ordained minister of the Universal Brotherhood Movement (no, I am not a cult leader)
3. I am a lifelong science fiction & fantasy fan and feel like I’m watching things once written about come true now.
4. “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens is one of my all-time favorite books/movies and I probably own at least 10 different movie versions. My favorite movie version is the Albert Finney musical.
5. I once went on my own vision quest where I fasted (no food or water) for 4 days and 3 nights
6. I attained the incredibly low-level ranking of a green belt in an Okinawan form of karate called uechi-ryu and learned that I am just not very flexible (physically anyhow)
7. I traveled to London in the mid-1990s with my mother and sister and had one of the most incredible times of my life.
8. I once owned a blue parakeet named Pierre
9. I own more blank journals than I can shake a stick at (although why I would want to shake a stick at them is beyond me). Still it wouldn’t hurt to actually write in one every now and then but I suffer from blank page syndrome. I can’t spoil a blank page unless I have the absolute perfect thing to say.
10. I was a terrible doodler in school. Most of my pathetic images were simply geometric shapes and my figures were, and are, stick figures.